What you cannot miss in January! Wait, it is January! Here we are, together in 2019, with many good resolutions and many amazing memories. We feel nostalgia for the year we have spent together. It has been amazing and we are sure next year will be unforgettable too. Moreover, this is the very first post of 2019!
What about your New Year’s resolutions? We have already a very long list and, as promised, we will share it with you.
- Improve our services for you.
- Offer you more shared flats.
- Share our adventures with you: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter will make you experience the best adventure abroad ever.
- Keep providing you with useful info thanks to our blog.
Should we begin immediately? The monthly agenda may be a good start to improve our blog, to provide you with new tips and to welcome you in 2019. Well, as January is time for arrivals and for new experiences, here our first suggestion: helpMadrid offers you the chance to move abroad, grab it! Our shared flats are waiting for you and your new flatmates, too. Furthermore, our shared flats are in some of the best districts in Madrid: this means in the city centre, good connected and close to the services (pharmacy, post office, bank, grocery shops, etc).
We have decided to redesign our agenda and this one is our first attempt: new year, new agenda, new design, and new tips! How will we structure this post? We will list, as always all the events, exhibitions and concerts, but we will do it in a single section. This is nothing new, right? What changes is the following: for the very first time helpMadrid will suggest you a movie, two books (one in Spanish and the other in English), a TV series, a restaurant or something traditional to eat and a daily trip to visit places close to Madrid.
Should we begin our new agenda? We are just looking forward to beginning this new adventure with you!
EVENTS AND MORE…
5 January_Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos:
This celebration is quite important in Spain. Therefore, you cannot miss the parade at 18.30 in Plaza de Cibeles.
10 January - 07 February_Inverfest:
Winter has its rhythm and this rhythm is called Inverfest. This is the 5th edition of this music festival and, if this is your first time in Madrid, we suggest you to take part to this amazing event.
Until 23rd February_”Horizontal Reversal”:
We got the event, the concerts and now it’s time for something cultural. This exhibition by Richard Serra is a great chance to discover some abstract art.
- Roscon de Reyes, the traditional dessert that every Spaniard eats the 6th Here a list of some of the tastiest one in Madrid.
- Parks and Recreation. A hilarious political satire about the daily political life of Leslie, a mid-level bureaucrat in the Parks Departments of Pawnee (TV series).
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. This is the sequel of “Fantastic beasts and where to find them”, therefore, we guess, it does not need any introduction.
- No.More.Plastic. by Martin Dorey. A guide with 2 minutes solutions to reduce plastic in your daily life. (EN)
- Stop Basura: la verdad sobre el reciclar. by Alex Pascual. This book shows us the importance of recycling. (ES)
- Alcala de Henares, a beautiful village at the gates of Madrid.
Now you know how to spend January both outside, with your friends, and at home, in your cosy shared flat. This month is actually a great chance to begin with the right foot and to make plans. Furthermore, it is winter! A both cold and enchanting season, snowflakes, warm cups of tea, cinnamon rolls… Enough ahahah.
See you in February!